Rate this Recipe:
The natural sweetness of fruit and a drizzle of agave syrup means less added sugar is needed in this banana bread
- 125g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g sultanas
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- drizzle agave syrup, to serve (optional)
- Grown ups: Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 450g loaf/1lb tin with baking parchment.
- Children: Weigh the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sultanas into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Then weigh the butter, vanilla essence, egg, milk and mashed bananas and put into another bowl or jug and mix with a small balloon whisk or fork.
- Pour the ‘wet’ banana mixture into the ‘dry’ flour mixture and combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Weighing needs to be very accurate when baking so help older children to measure carefully.
- Younger children can also get involved by spooning or pouring into the scales with adult supervision.
- Younger children can also beat the egg with a fork and mash the banana with a potato masher.
- Grown ups: Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 - 40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the tin for 10mins then turn out.
- Children: Drizzle with agave syrup if using.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe