Rate this Recipe:
Mouth watering and easy Chickpeas appetizer eaten often during Ramadan at Iftar time.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a large pot over low heat, warm oil and cumin; heat until cumin turns a darker shade of brown.
- Add salt, chili powder and lemon and pepper seasoning; mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes; once the juice begins to thicken add in chickpeas and mix well.
- Add in lemon juice and mix well; add onions and stir until they become soft.
- Remove from heat and place into a serving bowl; serve immediately.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe