Rate this Recipe:
This is a Middle Eastern adaptation using any pasta--fusilli, elbow macaroni, penne, shells, etc. It is just as tasty eaten cold or warm, and is a quick fix for a hurry up meal. This recipe can serve specially on Iftaar time.
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the salt and garlic cloves together into a paste.
- Warm the yogurt slightly in a sauce pan.
- Remove a small amount of warmed yogurt from the pan, and stir together with the garlic paste.
- Stir this mixture into the remaining yogurt
- Drain the pasta, and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a casserole or deep serving dish, toss with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Toss with half of the garlic-yogurt sauce.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- For a very special dish, brown the pine nuts in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Pour over the parsley.
- Serve immediately.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe