Rate this Recipe:
These cute Easter bunnies don't just look fabulous! Flake bars are scattered throughout the cake mixture for an added chocolatey surprise.
Prep time: 30mins
Cook time: 25mins
- 340g packet golden butter cake mix
- 2 x 30g chocolate flake bars, roughly crushed
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 24 strawberries and cream lollies
- 24 blue mini M&Ms
- 12 red mini M&Ms
- 12 white mini marshmallows, halved crossways
- 24 white tic tacs
- rich chocolate writing fudge
Butter cream icing:
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Make cake mixture following packet directions.
- Fold in crushed flake bars.
- Divide mixture evenly between cases.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in 1 cake comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Butter cream icing Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add icing sugar mixture, milk and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup icing.
- Spread cupcakes with remaining icing.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Lightly press to secure.
- Trim 5mm from 1 short end of each strawberries and cream lolly.
- Using the picture as a guide, use a little remaining icing to secure two strawberries and cream lollies into top of 1 cupcake to form ears.
- Press 2 blue mini M&Ms on to cake to form eyes.
- Press 1 red mini M&M on to cake to form a nose.
- Press 2 mini marshmallows below nose to form cheeks and add 2 tic tacs for teeth.
- Use chocolate writing fudge to pipe dots in centre of eyes to form pupils.
- Set aside for 10 minutes or until set.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes, lollies, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, tic tacs and chocolate writing fudge.
Nutrition Per Serve:ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe
- Energy: 1911kJ
- Fat saturated: 12.70g
- Fat Total: 21.50g
- Carbohydrate Total: 62.60g
- Dietary Fibre: 0.50g
- Protein: 4.50g
- Cholesterol: 70.00mg
- Sodium: 322mg