Rate this Recipe:
These romantic Valentine's Day sponge cakes are just the thing to win over someone's heart.
- 350g double unfilled round sponge cake
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar
- Place sponge cake layers on a chopping board.
- Using an 8cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 3 hearts from each cake. Using a sharp knife, gently split each heart in half.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add cream and vanilla. Beat until mixture thickens.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over sponge cake bases.
- Top with strawberry slices.
- Place jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 30 seconds or until warm and runny.
- Spoon warm jam over strawberries.
- Sandwich together with sponge tops.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and rate this recipe