Rate this Recipe:
Continue the Chinese New Year festivities with this tasty noodle with seafood dish.
- 1 1/2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 500g scallops without roe
- 500g medium green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 250g dried longevity noodles
- 2cm piece ginger, thinly shredded
- 1 clove garlic, thinly shredded
- 400g snowpeas, trimmed
- 1/4 bunch garlic chives, cut into 4cm lengths
- Place 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp wine, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbs vegetable oil and all seafood in a bowl and toss to combine.
- In a second bowl, combine cornflour, oyster sauce, 1/2 cup water and remaining soy sauce, wine and sesame oil.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 1 minute or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add 2 tsp vegetable oil then stir-fry 1/3 seafood for 1-2 minutes or until golden and just cooked.
- Transfer to a tray.
- Repeat twice with oil and remaining seafood.
- Wipe wok clean. Heat remaining 2 tsp vegetable oil in wok.
- Add ginger, garlic and snowpeas.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Return seafood and juices to wok with sauce mixture and bring to the boil.
- Add noodles and chives. Toss. Serve.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and rate this recipe