Rate this Recipe:
A healthy version of Chinese spring rolls. No deep frying and ready in 20 minutes, better than the take-away and serve on Chinese New Year.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 carrot , thinly shredded
- 120g pack shiitake mushrooms , stems removed and thinly sliced
- 100g bag beansprouts
- 3 spring onions , thinly sliced
- knob of ginger , peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or grated
- soy sauce
- 3 eggs beaten with 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the carrot and mushrooms for 2 mins until just starting to soften.
- Add the beansprouts, onions, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for another 1-2 mins or until the beansprouts are starting to turn transparent.
- Season with the soy sauce and set aside. Can be made up to 4 hrs ahead.
- Heat a medium frying pan, add a little oil, then tip out the excess.
- Pour in a little of the egg and swirl around the pan to make a thin, even layer.
- Fry for 30 secs or until the edges turn golden, then flip over with a palette knife for another 10 secs.
- Slide out onto greaseproof paper and repeat until you have made six pancakes.
- Can be made up to a day ahead.
- Cut each pancake in half. Spoon a little of the veg mix in the centre of the half-moon of pancake and roll up, tucking in the edges.
- Steam briefly to heat the rolls just before serving or microwave on High for 30 secs.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and rate this recipe