Rate this Recipe:
Turn Classic Kung Pao Chicken into a family homemade favorite. This recipe can serve on New Chinese Year. This dish is easy to prepare and delicious to the last bite!
This recipe serves 4.
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger from a jar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound chicken boned and cut up into one inch pieces
- 1 cup trimmed snow peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts (unsalted if you prefer)
- Combine water, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in bowl and whisk until blended and then set aside. (If you want to cook rice or noodles with this dish, you should start preparing it at this time.)
- Heat sesame oil to medium high in wok or large skillet until oil slightly smokes.
- Add onion and stir fry until translucent.
- Add garlic cloves and stir another half minute.
- Add chicken cubes and stir until they start to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked properly.
- Add water and spice mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add bell pepper and snow peas.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are crisply cooked and sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve immediately.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and rate this recipe