Rate this Recipe:
Looking for a delicious appetizer that will "Wow!" your guests? The marble-look of Tea Eggs will definitely be a hit at any gathering or can be use at Chinese New Year Party.
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups water
- 2 bags of black tea
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 piece star anise
- Place eggs in medium sauce pan.
- Add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and cook for five minutes.
- Drain and rinse well with cold water for five minutes, let stand in cold water for another five minutes.
- Drain eggs well. Individually tap each egg gently on a hard surface or with a spoon to crack shell around entire egg.
- Do not remove shell, and be careful not to break membrane under it.
- Bring four cups of water to a rolling boil using same sauce pan.
- Add tea bags, soy sauce, salt, and star anise and stir mixture well while bringing it back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and carefully lower eggs into mixture with long spoon.
- Be sure to add water so there is enough to keep eggs floating at a brisk simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for an hour. Remove from broth and carefully peel each egg to remove the cracked shell.
- Serve at any desired temperature.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and rate this recipe.