Rate this Recipe:
This is the simplest of summer dishes, with a beautiful assortment of summer herbs, lettuce and vegetables
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 2 mins
- 500g peas and broad beans (freshly podded if possible)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 or so spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- assortment of lettuce leaves, such as wild rocket, Baby Gem, water or land cress
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- handful chervil and flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Throw the peas and beans into a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water.
- Bring back to the boil for no more than 1-2 mins. Drain and allow to cool naturally (rather than plunging into iced water, which in my opinion washes off flavour).
- Dress while still warm in a little of the olive oil, scatter over the spring onions and season well.
- Finally, dress the lettuce leaves in the remaining oil, the lemon juice and zest. Season well.
- Toss together with the peas, broad beans and spring onions.
- Scatter the herbs over the top.
ENJOY this delicious recipe and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe