Rate this Recipe:
Chole Bhature. an authentic Punjabi delicacy and a perfect meal for a weekend afternoon! There is nothing mouth-watering than spicy, exotic chole masala with a crispy, puffy bhatura on a Baisakhi. This is quite simple to make at home. So go ahead and get ready for this yummy treat. Served alongside onions and pickle, this versatile delicacy can be relished as breakfast or served for lunch along with lassi.
- 2 cup All Purpose flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Sooji
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Chana, soaked in water overnight
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Big Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chana Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
To Make Bhatura
- Take maida in a deep bowl, add sooji, baking soda, salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add water and start to knead in to stiff dough.
- Once dough is ready, cover and keep it to rest for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours divide dough in small balls. Roll in big size poori.
- Deep fry until gets golden color from both sides.
To make Chana Masala
- Heat up oil, add cumin seeds, onion and cook until onion gets golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 mts.
- Add chana masala and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- Add soaked chana, mix, add salt, water, cover and pressure cook until 7 to 8 whistles.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe