Rate this Recipe:
A quick and easy chicken noodle recipe, with lots of veg. It's a great way to dress up instant noodles. It doesn't matter what flavour of noodles you use - chicken, mushroom - whatever you fancy!
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil, divided
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways then sliced
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 individual packs of flavoured instant Chinese noodles
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a wok or a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add all the vegetables and mushrooms.
- Stir. When tender, add the spices that come with the noodles (do not use the oil that comes with the noodles, if any)
- Add water to a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a frying pan and add the chicken to the pan; cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Deglaze with the soy sauce and cook over low heat until reduced.
- Add the chicken to the wok with the vegetables.
- Continue to cook over low heat.
- Add the noodles into the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions (usually about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the saucepan and drain.
- Transfer the noodles as soon as possible into the wok and mix well with the chicken and vegetables to mix the flavours.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint or coriander leaves just before serving.
- It is not necessary to season with salt and pepper, the soy sauce and spices are just enough.
ENJOY and don't forget to post comments and RATE this recipe